EPC needed for Higher Rate FIT
As from the 1st April 2012 homes with new solar Photovoltaic “PV” systems hoping to claim the higher feed-in-tariff will need an Energy Performance Certificate “EPC”.
The rating of the EPC will need to be D or above in order to qualify. It was initially unsure whether the EPC rating was including the PV system or not. However the Department of Energy and Climate Change “DECC” have confirmed that the PV installation will contribute to the EPC rating.
The change will apply to homes and non-domestic buildings and properties that do not qualify will receive the much lower tariff of 9p p/kWh rather than the higher rate of 21p/kWh.
Peter Graham, Pali Ltd(0) Comments
- Households in Lancashire to receive the first payouts by a fracking firm
- Did you know that as many as one in 25 people in the UK are homeless?
- Contaminated land fears for 112 homes in Amlwch
- Invitation to Free Webinar on Conveyancing Risk: Fraud
- Waste Water Spillage Pollutes River Dee
Subscribe to receive a weekly update of our blog posts