Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)
What is an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)?
The Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) is similar to certificates provided with domestic appliances such as washing machines and refrigerators. It tells potential buyers and tenants about the energy performance of a building so they can consider energy efficiency as part of their investment or business decision to buy or occupy that building. All EPCs come with a recommendation report which includes advice and suggestions on improvements you could make to save money and energy.
Who Needs an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)?
All buildings being offered for sale or let now need an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). This now includes non domestic or commercial premises. If you own a non domestic building and currently are advertising it for sale or rent, it is your responsibility to make sure you have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) in place and make it available to potential purchasers or tenants. Failure to do so could result in a fine of up to £5000.
Are there any exemptions?
You do not need a Non Domestic Energy Assessment in the following buildings:
- places of worship;
- temporary buildings with a planned time of use less than 2 years;
- stand alone buildings with a total useful floor area of less than 50m2 that are not dwellings;
- industrial sites, workshops and non-residential agricultural buildings with low energy demand.
Also transactions which do not involve a new owner or tenant may not require an EPC. Examples are:
- lease renewals or extensions to existing tenants
- compulsory purchase orders
- lease surrenders.
How Much Do They Cost?
You can now obtain an instant online quote for a Commercial EPC from our website http://www.pali-commercial.com or if you prefer you can email Malcolm Small at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0151 601 1170. We are able to carry out Non Domestic Energy Performance Certificates anywhere within England and Wales.
- Commercial EPC
- Local Authority Searches
- Personal Local Authority Searches
- Personal Drainage & Water Searches personal-drainage-and-water-searches
- Local Authority Search (Council Compiled)
- Land Registry Documentation
- Mining & Mineral Searches
- Environmental Reports
- Chancel Repair Liability Reports
- Utility/Site Searches & Developer Packs
- Company Reports
- Energy Performance Certificates
- SAP, SBEM, Predictive Energy Assessments On-Construction Energy Assessments, Air Pressure Testing and Acoustic/Sound Testing
- Virtual Tours, Panoramic 360/180 degree Photography
- Online Services
- Anti-Money Laundering Searches
- Planning Application Decision Notices, Building Regulation Applications and Completion Certificates
- FENSA, CORGI & Gas Safe Certificates
- Stand Alone OS Plans