Pali Head Office require a PHP / MySQL developer for a development role based in Wallasey, Wirral.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This is an opportunity to join a small development team working on mission critical systems for a forward-thinking property search company. Our web applications handle every aspect of the business from initial taking of orders, to processing, invoicing and reporting.
Some of our legacy code is nearly 10 years old, which we are gradually updating, though experience with legacy systems a definite advantage.
The role requires all the skills of a software developer experienced in the full life cycle of web application development including analysis, design, coding, refactoring, testing and release. In particular, you will have experience in:
- PHP (currently running on 5.3 but in process of migrating to 7)
- MySQL including complex SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Object Oriented Programming.
- HTML & CSS.
- Ability to work with sub-optimal legacy code.
- Able to work alone and as part of the team as required, adapting to a constantly changing and evolving business and its requirements.
- Must have attention to detail and take care not to break live site, yet be able to fix problems quickly when required.
- XML/Web Services (ideally)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Formal qualifications and professional qualifications are an advantage but not mandatory, demonstrable experience and aptitude far outweigh these factors.
In this fast-paced environment, you will need to be able to adapt to changing requirements, learn unfamiliar techniques “on the job” using Google/Web. The candidate should have no reservations about getting involved with older technologies should the need arise. A positive attitude, understanding of business requirements, combined with an ability to adapt quickly to a constantly changing and evolving environment is an absolute must-have trait.
To apply for this position, please email your CV and Cover Letter to Nick Small – firstname.lastname@example.org