9m Residential and leisure development for Astley Point, Wigan
Plans for a £9m residential and leisure development at Astley Point have been given the green light by Wigan Borough Council. Salcul will make a £9m investment into the development at Astley Point with The Environment Partnership developing the landscape of the area. Salcul is a joint venture between Salboy and Redwaters which has been set up to specifically deliver Astley Point,
The development on Higher Green Lane, will see 4.5 acres developed into two three-storey buildings incorporating one and two bed apartments, with two three bedroom exclusive penthouse apartments. The development will also include 14 new houses, and a leisure pavilion with dining and entertainment spaces.
The original plans submitted earlier in the year, did not include the provision of new houses, but included just 32 apartments. Having listened to the opinions of local people in Astley it became apparent that many people interested in Astley Point preferred houses to apartments. The plans were changed to include the provision of houses to ensure homes were provided which local people would want to live in.
The new development will not only bring new homes to the area, but will also create over 70 permanent new jobs.
An announcement of when the first homes will go on sale at Astley Point is expected in early January 2017. The first apartments are expected to be available to move into by summer 2017.
- Plans Move Forward As Liverpool City Centre Looks To Home New High-Speed Rail Station
- Pali Launches SDLT/LTT and AP1 System
- Homeowner Forced To Pay 40,000 Pound For Cutting Down A Protected Tree In The Garden Of His 1 Million Pound Home
- Invitation To Free CPD Conveyancing Webinar
- 48 Million Pound South France Chateau Must Be Demolished Within 18 Months After Being Built Illegally
Subscribe to receive a weekly update of our blog posts