Cheshire West & Chester Council to remove lovelocks
There are currently 330 lovelocks hanging from Chester’s Queens Suspension bridge however, I come with a warning message to all the lovers out there, not from Cupid but from Chester West & Chester Council. All of the couples that padlocked their lovelocks onto Chester’s iconic Queens Suspension bridge must now remove them or they shall be removed.
You have until August to remove your lovelock before council staff will break your padlock from the bridge and keep it at the Chester Locality Office to be reclaimed. You will have until December the 31st to reclaim your lovelock before they are disposed of. The reason for this loveless act is because of the emergency that took place in Paris where tourists had to be evacuated from the Pont de Arts after pieces of the parapet crumbled away under the sheer weight of the lovelocks locked onto the bridge.
When the love tokens have been removed the bridge it will also be resurfaced which will complete the refurbishment of the bridge. According to Neil Sullivan who is the Queens Park Councillor; ‘The Queens Park Suspension Bridge is a handsome structure in its own right which, to be fair, has just cost our council taxpayers a tidy sum to refurbish.’
Amanda McGovern, Pali Ltd
- Plans Move Forward As Liverpool City Centre Looks To Home New High-Speed Rail Station
- Pali Launches SDLT/LTT and AP1 System
- Homeowner Forced To Pay 40,000 Pound For Cutting Down A Protected Tree In The Garden Of His 1 Million Pound Home
- Invitation To Free CPD Conveyancing Webinar
- 48 Million Pound South France Chateau Must Be Demolished Within 18 Months After Being Built Illegally
Subscribe to receive a weekly update of our blog posts