Conveyancing Searches Illegal Charges
At last, Good News.
Jason Groves of the Daily Mail reports that Local Authorities in England are hoarding almost £11 billion in cash.
This is almost half the annual revenue from council tax.
Nick Small Snr of Pali Ltd states “About ten percent of this may have been taken by councils from private search companies over the past ten years for access to environmental information used by solicitors and conveyancers in conveyancing transactions.
Through the work done by private search companies and The Information Commissioners Office it has been proven that these charges were illegal.”
Nick further suggested that he was hoping that the New Year would see hundreds of envelopes from councils containing cheques for refunds of these illegal charges drop through the company letter box.
Nick said “Wouldn’t it be a lovely gesture and the councils wouldn’t even miss it. After all it’s our money.”
Happy New Year.
- Invitation to a FREE CPD Webinar: Insurance service developments and compliance with the Insurance Distribution Directive
- Invitation to FREE Webinar: A NEW Agricultural Search
- Pali First To Launch Enhanced Indemnity Policy Facility
- Invitation to Free Planning Webinar.
- Guidance For Movers During The Coronavirus Outbreak
Subscribe to receive a weekly update of our blog posts