EPC needed for Higher Rate FIT
As from the 1st April 2012 homes with new solar Photovoltaic “PV” systems hoping to claim the higher feed-in-tariff will need an Energy Performance Certificate “EPC”.
The rating of the EPC will need to be D or above in order to qualify. It was initially unsure whether the EPC rating was including the PV system or not. However the Department of Energy and Climate Change “DECC” have confirmed that the PV installation will contribute to the EPC rating.
The change will apply to homes and non-domestic buildings and properties that do not qualify will receive the much lower tariff of 9p p/kWh rather than the higher rate of 21p/kWh.
Peter Graham, Pali Ltd(0) Comments
- Pali Smart Quote SDLT Calculator Updated
- New Japanese Knotweed Indemnity Policy now live on Paliltd.com
- Invitation to a FREE CPD Webinar: Insurance service developments and compliance with the Insurance Distribution Directive
- Invitation to FREE Webinar: A NEW Agricultural Search
- Pali First To Launch Enhanced Indemnity Policy Facility
Subscribe to receive a weekly update of our blog posts