Legal agreement will see 1/10 local residents acquire jobs in Liverpool Waters
Image by Rusty Design
Liverpool Waters is a huge regeneration project by Peel Holdings which is expected to create a total of 17,000 new jobs however, a mere one in ten of those jobs will be offered to the city’s poorest residents.
A legal contract between Liverpool City Council and Peel Holdings agrees to allocate 10% of all construction and operation jobs to residents living in Anfield, Everton, County and Kirkdale.
However, Mayor Joe Anderson has pledged to ensure more jobs will be available for local residents in the poorest areas of Liverpool, where some of the unemployment figures are almost double the average for Liverpool.
It is believed that this type of legal agreement is the beginning of many more between Liverpool City Council and future developers to ensure Liverpool’s local communities will benefit from the jobs that are created when regenerating areas of Liverpool.
If you would like to learn more about the Liverpool Waters project, Pali’s previous blogs are listed below;
Do you think that more jobs will be offered to local residents as promised by Mayor Joe Anderson or do you believe that the majority of the jobs will be sourced from outside the city?(0) Comments
- Pali Smart Quote SDLT Calculator Updated
- New Japanese Knotweed Indemnity Policy now live on Paliltd.com
- Invitation to a FREE CPD Webinar: Insurance service developments and compliance with the Insurance Distribution Directive
- Invitation to FREE Webinar: A NEW Agricultural Search
- Pali First To Launch Enhanced Indemnity Policy Facility
Subscribe to receive a weekly update of our blog posts