Liverpool & the Wirral prepare to welcome the Olympic Torch
The Olympic Torch has been travelling around the country and will reach Liverpool and the Wirral today on the 1st June. The arrival of the Olympic torch sparks off the beginning of the extended bank holiday weekend celebrations for The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.
Thousand of spectators are expected to gather around the streets where the Olympic Torch will be carried by specially selected people including a blind Iraq war veteran Craig Lundberg, Former Spice Girl Mel C and Olympic Gold medallist Chris Boardman.
The torch will arrive in Liverpool at 4.30pm and make its way through Liverpool City Centre, through the Kingsway Tunnel and onto the Wirral.
The torch will arrive on the Wirral at around 5.45pm and will be carried through Birkenhead Park, Birkenhead Town Centre and Hamilton Square before leaving on the Mersey Ferry.
There are various celebrations taking place across Merseyside to celebrate the arrival of the Olympic Flame including events at Aintree Racecourse, Knowsley Safari Park and fitness festival in Birkenhead Park. Local Liverpool band The Wombats will headline a free evening concert at Pier Head where the Olympic Caldron will have been lit by the Olympic Torch.
Will you be part of the crowd that will watch the Olympic Torch pass through Liverpool and Birkenhead?
- Plans Move Forward As Liverpool City Centre Looks To Home New High-Speed Rail Station
- Pali Launches SDLT/LTT and AP1 System
- Homeowner Forced To Pay 40,000 Pound For Cutting Down A Protected Tree In The Garden Of His 1 Million Pound Home
- Invitation To Free CPD Conveyancing Webinar
- 48 Million Pound South France Chateau Must Be Demolished Within 18 Months After Being Built Illegally
Subscribe to receive a weekly update of our blog posts