Major disruption to the Wirral Merseyrail Line due to Flood
A flood at Hamilton Square yesterday forced Merseyrail to have to enforce a replacement bus system for passengers travelling from Birkenhead North to Hamilton Square. The flooding, which resulted in chaos to passengers who were delayed up to thirty minutes, saw sections of the Birkenhead train station engulfed in liquid.
Delays were experienced well into the afternoon, causing huge disturbances to both train passengers and ferry passengers trying to travel on the fragmented Merseyrail Wirral Line Service. The delays continued until at least 4 o’clock yesterday afternoon, despite engineers being called to the station before 2pm.
The source of the flooding has not yet been deciphered, but passengers travelling from Ellesmere Port and Chester could rest assured as those lines were not affected by the chaos caused by the flood.
If you would like to purchase a flood report from Pali, please contact a friendly member of the team on 0151 691 1170 / email@example.com(0) Comments
- Wirral Council Buy Cinema for 7 Million Pounds in Bid to Help Struggling Town
- Invitation to Free Webinar on the Groundsure Homebuyers - including what to do next!
- From 1st March 2019 SDLT must be submitted and paid within 14 days of completion
- Valentine's Day Competition!
- Junior Customer Service Assistant Required!
Subscribe to receive a weekly update of our blog posts