Most expensive field in Britain!
How would you like to be neighbours with Elton John and The Queen? Well at just £30 million you can be! Britain's most pricey field has just been put on the market for a massive £30 million. Parkwood Estate is 77 acres of land with planning permission for an astonishing 33,000 sq/ft mansion to be built with 10 bedrooms, staff accommodation, cinema, library, spa and even an indoor swimming pool! This spectacular property would be 30 times bigger than the regular home and a huge 384 times more expensive.
Parkwood Estate was once owned by an Australian entrepreneur called Clive Baillieu, otherwise known as the 1st Baron Baillieu of Sefton. Parkwood Estate was the location for the many grand parties Baillieu would host for firms including Jaguar, Bentley and Rolls Royce. However, eventually the mansion became derelict and its condition became so poor that Runnymede Council had to provide permission for the building to be knocked down. Whoever purchases the land must demolish the old building to make way for their new home.
The estate is currently on the market with Beauchamp Estates and Grosvenor Billingshurst. Gary Hersham of Beauchamp Estates is said to have predicted that once the residence is complete the value of the estate could triple.
Anybody who is interested in this property will have to act fast as it is also alleged that the estate has caught the interest of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
Kirsty Rogers, Pali Ltd
- Plans Move Forward As Liverpool City Centre Looks To Home New High-Speed Rail Station
- Pali Launches SDLT/LTT and AP1 System
- Homeowner Forced To Pay 40,000 Pound For Cutting Down A Protected Tree In The Garden Of His 1 Million Pound Home
- Invitation To Free CPD Conveyancing Webinar
- 48 Million Pound South France Chateau Must Be Demolished Within 18 Months After Being Built Illegally
Subscribe to receive a weekly update of our blog posts