Royal Mail reveals the top 10 places to live in England
A recent study carried out by Royal Mail shows that Bebington located on the Wirral is top of the list for the best place to live in England. Wallasey and Eastham which are also located on the Wirral also made an appearance in the top 10!
The postcode review was based on a wide variety of factors including; access to green spaces, good employment prospects, affordable housing, good schools and commuting times.
Steve Rooney, head of Royal Mail’s address management unit, said:
“Royal Mail delivers to the UK’s 29 million addresses, six days a week, connecting communities and businesses. Our study provides unique insight into the most desirable places to live and work in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, through the lens of the postcode. The postcode system, with origins dating back more than 150 years, continues to play an integral role in today’s technology-led world.”
The only Southern towns listed in the top 10 are Suffolk and Ipswich which is surprising because the North of the country has always been viewed as being less desirable than the South, hence why house prices are so much more expensive.
England’s Top 10 Places to live are as follows:
1. CH63 – Bebington, Wirral
2. IP5 – Kesgrave, Ipswich
3. LA15 – Dalton-in-Furness, Cumbria
4. NR8 – Taverham, Norfolk
5. FY6 – Poulton-Le-Fylde, Blackpool
6. DT1 – Dorchester, West Dorset
7. WA1 – Warrington, Cheshire
8. CH62 – Eastham, Wirral
9. CH45 – Wallasey, Merseyside
10. LA13 – Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria
Did your town make it into the Top 10?
Eve Blakemore, Pali Ltd(0) Comments
- Wirral Council Buy Cinema for 7 Million Pounds in Bid to Help Struggling Town
- Invitation to Free Webinar on the Groundsure Homebuyers - including what to do next!
- From 1st March 2019 SDLT must be submitted and paid within 14 days of completion
- Valentine's Day Competition!
- Junior Customer Service Assistant Required!
Subscribe to receive a weekly update of our blog posts