The SLC officially recognise the Search Code
Here at Pali, we are not only Search Code compliant, we are audited by the Property Codes Compliance Board (PCCB) and are members of CoPSO and IPSA, not forgetting that we are backed by an individual £2 million Search Warranty including run-off cover. Therefore, it surprises me that there are still solicitors and conveyancers that order searches from companies that do not boast the official recognition, credentials, qualifications and certification that Pali posses.
However, that is set to change as the Society of Licensed Conveyancers (SLC) are tackling this issue by urging its members to only order searches from a Search Code compliant company, such as Pali.
The SLC met with the Council of Property Search Organisations (CoPSO) who own the Search Code. In these meetings, it was illustrated through detailed analysis, how beneficial the Search Code is to the market, by helping to reduce fraudulent search reports and improve the over all standard of searches.
The Society of Licensed Conveyancers have voted in favour to officially recognise the Search Code and actively encourage its members to make this a compulsory condition for all future private search reports they order.
The chairman of the SLC, John Clay spoke to Estate Agent Today and said, ‘The Search Code acts as an important mark of quality, offering reassurance to our members, to lenders and to the consumer that the information they are relying on is from a trusted and reliable source.’
If Solicitors and conveyancers heed the advice from the SLC, they can be confident that the searches they obtain will be of the highest standard, especially if ordered from Pali. The core principals of the Search Code are;
1. Display the Search Code logo prominently on their search reports.
2. Act with integrity and carry out work with due skill, care and diligence
3. At all times maintain adequate and appropriate insurance to protect consumers.
4. Conduct business in an honest, fair and professional manner
5. Handle complaints speedily and fairly
6. Ensure that products and services comply with industry registration rules and standards and relevant laws
7. Monitor their compliance with the Code
If you would like to order a search from Pali, please do not hesitate to contact us;
Tel: 0151 691 1170
- Invitation to a FREE CPD Webinar: Insurance service developments and compliance with the Insurance Distribution Directive
- Invitation to FREE Webinar: A NEW Agricultural Search
- Pali First To Launch Enhanced Indemnity Policy Facility
- Invitation to Free Planning Webinar.
- Guidance For Movers During The Coronavirus Outbreak
Subscribe to receive a weekly update of our blog posts