UK wind turbine business selected for European Union award.
The Managenergy Local Energy Action Award from the European Union is awarded to the company that boasts successful, sustainable energy programmes at both local and regional levels. There was a record 64 applications from 23 countries and the UK wind turbine company called Community Power Cornwall has made it into the final three.
Community Power Cornwall does not rely on grant for funding and aims to raise its own capital which ensures the future of the project. The business model could easily be imitated by other companies around the UK and even across Europe.
Community Power Cornwall was set up to address the growing climate change challenges, to secure energy for the future and to combat rising fuel costs. The demand for the company to be set up came from Cornwall’s communities and the residents have raised a huge £80,000 for the project.
Community Power Cornwall have successfully applied a financing model and installed two new 80kW wind turbines in the Cornish village of Gorran which will save 251 tones of CO2 each year. The company are striving to develop their portfolio for renewable energy by developing technology for hydro, biomass and solar power.
Do you think Community Power Cornwall will win the prestigious European Union award?(0) Comments
- Family home to family shed over previous lost appeal for planning permission leaves family facing prosecution
- Invitation to Conveyancing Webinar on Commercial Reports
- First ever digital mortgage deed accepted by the Land Registry!
- Invitation for webinar on Agricultural Risks in Property Transaction
- Pali Backed Charity Event Surpasses Target
Subscribe to receive a weekly update of our blog posts