What is your dream home?
If you could own your perfect home, what would it be? A cottage, a bungalow maybe, or perhaps something a little more extravagant like a canal boat or forest lodge! Well, this question was asked to members of the public via a survey on Ocean Finance’s website and believe it or not, the most popular choice was a detached house. One in five people who took the survey stated that their dream home would be a detached house compared to one in twenty that were a little more adventurous with their answers and chose a historic mansion or a castle.
The rest of the statistics are as follows; a chocolate box country cottage was chosen by 17% of the people who took part in the survey and most of those answers came from people who live in East Midlands and Yorkshire. 15% decided that they would like to live in a farmhouse which includes a plot of land and then 13% of people dreamed of owning a bungalow as their chosen dream home. Then the figures turn into single digits as 6.5% of people chose a flat as their ideal home, 5.6% decided a converted church or barn would be their dream home and 4.7% chose a townhouse situated near city.
What do you make of the above percentages? I think I would have to choose between a converted barn as long as it included a huge garden or the farmhouse with a plot of land, that would be my dream property to own.(0) Comments
- Plans Move Forward As Liverpool City Centre Looks To Home New High-Speed Rail Station
- Pali Launches SDLT/LTT and AP1 System
- Homeowner Forced To Pay 40,000 Pound For Cutting Down A Protected Tree In The Garden Of His 1 Million Pound Home
- Invitation To Free CPD Conveyancing Webinar
- 48 Million Pound South France Chateau Must Be Demolished Within 18 Months After Being Built Illegally
Subscribe to receive a weekly update of our blog posts