Would you move in to serial killer Dennis Nilsens previous home?
The home of Dennis Nilsen, one of the most notorious British serial killers, is now on the market. Dennis Nilsen, murdered at least six men during his active period between 1978 and 1983. The bulk of his gruesome killing took place at the 195 Melrose Avenue home which is now available to buy.
The North London home was last sold for £159,950 in the March of 2001. An estate agent predicted that the property would be worth up to £600,000 if it did not have such a colourful and grizzly history. Although the property is now for sale with Rightmove for £499,950.
The South facing garden also holds gruesome baggage, as this was where Nilsen burnt the bodies of his many victims. Nilsen was sentenced to life imprisonment with no chance of release in 1983.
Estate agents answered honestly to queries about the property stating to one potential buyer “Just to make you aware, this property used to be lived in by the serial killer Dennis Nilsen, he did commit murders in the flat”.
Similarly, Nilsen’s second home in Cranley Gardens, was on the property market earlier this year. It was sold for £300,000, 25% less than the other properties on the street. The advert read “Buyers are advised to research the history of the property”.
Aislinn Devlin, Pali Ltd
Google +(0) Comments
- Plans Move Forward As Liverpool City Centre Looks To Home New High-Speed Rail Station
- Pali Launches SDLT/LTT and AP1 System
- Homeowner Forced To Pay 40,000 Pound For Cutting Down A Protected Tree In The Garden Of His 1 Million Pound Home
- Invitation To Free CPD Conveyancing Webinar
- 48 Million Pound South France Chateau Must Be Demolished Within 18 Months After Being Built Illegally
Subscribe to receive a weekly update of our blog posts